Have a look at my Wikipedia page.
Federico Pistono is an award-winning journalist, social entrepreneur, scientific educator, activist, and aspiring filmmaker.
He is author of the book Robots Will Steal Your Job, but that's OK: How to Survive the Economic Collapse and be Happy
and the Sci-Fi Novelette "A tale of Two Futures."
He routinely tours around the world, lecturing at TEDx events, conferences, universities, and symposia; such as TEDxVienna, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Porto Alegre, Cologne, Vancouver, TEDxBologna, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. He was interviewed by several newspapers, radios, TVs, and magazines; among which The Huffington Post, Forbes magazine, Folha de S. Paulo (the most influential newspaper in Brazil), RAI Italian National TV, and the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.
Federico has written several articles for newspapers and blogs regarding a variety of topics, from science, technology, Internet communities and social media, artificial intelligence, climate change, technological unemployment and the future of society. He hosted hundreds of hours of podcasts covering the impact of technology in society, activism, as well as science-related news.
At the age of 16 he was awarded a full scholarship for the prestigious United World College of the Adriatic, he then received a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of Verona. He continued his studies by completing the online course at Stanford of Machine Learning; and in 2012 he graduated with full scholarship from Singularity University, NASA Ames Research Center, Silicon Valley, whose studies included Synthetic Biology, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Nanotechnology and Digital Fabrication, Energy and Environmental Systems, Space and Physical Sciences, Design, Future Studies and Forecasting, Policy, Law and Ethics.
Feel free to google him for more information.
Honors and Awards
- 2012: Awarded the Young Italian Knights Award for his outstanding achievements and Social Impact
- 2012: Awarded Full Scholarship for the Graduate Study Program at Singularity University, NASA Ames Search Park, Silicon Valley.
- 2009: Winner of the International Journalism Competition on Climate Change for the COP15, European Journalism Centre.
- 2007: Winner of the "Linux-Mega-Quiz" at LinuxTag, 2007.
- 2004: Awarded Full Scholarship for the UWC (United World Colleges) Baccalaureate Programme
Articles I wrote
- Forbes - Machines Will Outsmart Humans. We Better Be Ready (April 12, 2013)
- io9.com - Robots will steal your job, but that’s okay: How to Survive the Coming Economic Collapse (Feb 15, 2012)
- IEET Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies - Robots will steal your job, but that’s OK: how to survive the economic collapse and be happy (Feb 10, 2012)
Citations on Papers and Publications
- European Commission - Open Education 2030 Visionary Papers (April 2013)
- Alissa Shethar and Joan I. Heller Heller Research Associates, Developing Rigorous Education in the Arts to Motivate Students (DREAMS): Improving Academic Literacy in the Arts (May 5, 2010)
- Paul Connett, Zero Waste: A Key Move towards a Sustainable Society (April 2007)
Articles about me and interviews
- The Socialist Party of Great Britain - Will Robots Cause Capitalism to Collapse? (June 1, 2013)
- Jornal do Comércio (Portuguese) - Você vai perder seu emprego (May 20, 2013)
- Tudo+ (Portuguese, Video) - Interview on Brazilian TV Tudo+ (May 15, 2013)
- Free Software Association - Interview with Free Software Association Brazil (May 15, 2013)
- GLOBAL BITS (Portuguese) - Homens terão que reprogramar pensamento para competir com robôs (May 15, 2013)
- Giornalettissimo (Italian) - M5S, l’attivista che chiede democrazia a Grillo (March 4, 2013)
- Republic+Queen (Italian) - Zeitgeist, il cambiamento utopico che spinge a fare (May 16, 2013)
- Huffington Post (Italian) - Quirinarie: "l'hackeraggio come uno schiacciasassi". Lo staff M5S e la Dnv Business Assurance spiegano cosa è successo (Apr 12, 2013)
- Giornalettissimo (Italian) - Movimento 5 Stelle, le dieci gaffe del dopo-voto (March 26, 2013)
- Barbadillo (Italian) - Il caso. Federico Pistono, attivista grillino: “Nessuna democrazia partecipata nel M5S” (March 6, 2013)
- Huffington Post (Italian) - Movimento 5 Stelle, blog e meetup non bastano più. Un videoappello e un documento dei grillini Pistono e Barillari agitano il M5S (March 6, 2013)
- C-Realm Drive, Flow & Purpose (video podcast) (March 6, 2013)
- Linkiesta (Italian) - M5S, a livello nazionale manca ancora la democrazia (March 5, 2013)
- Debate with the Socialist Party of Great Britain (Video)Robots Will Steal Your Jobs - Is that OK? (Apr 5, 2013)
- Huffington Post (Video) - A Future Of Unemployment (Jan 28, 2013)
- Wall Street Journal (Video) - X Prize Chairman: Will Robots Do Jobs of the Future? (Jan 15, 2013)
- The Zeitgeist Movement - Federico Pistono at TZM Interviews (Jan 25, 2013)
- Public Policy (Italian) - M5s, l'attivista Federico Pistono: "Grillo risponde solo a chi lo insulta" (Dec 21, 2012)
- GSP--人生的一个单点 (Chinese Blog, English interview) - Inteview with Liang Yiqing (Dec 21, 2012)
- Il Fatto Quotidiano (Italian) - ‘Beppe, fai un bel respiro e ascolta i consigli dei tuoi amici’ (Dec 15, 2012)
- Quotidiano Piemonte (Italian) - Federico Pistono, fondatore dei Grilli Biellesi, propone a Beppe Grillo le ricette per salvare il Movimento 5 Stelle (Dec 13, 2012)
- 33rd Square - Federico Pistono Shares Why It Is OK For Robots To Steal Your Job (Dec 12, 2012)
- Piero Scaruffi (Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies) - (Dec 7, 2012)
- Folha de S. Paulo (Portuguese) - 'Não vamos conseguir manter o ritmo das máquinas', diz autor (Nov 25, 2012)
- Brasil Economico (Portuguese) - O admirável mundo novo da tecnologia não está longe (Nov 19, 2012)
- Startupi (Portuguese, Video) - Robôs vão roubar seu emprego, mas tudo bem: entrevista com jovem que analisa alternativas a um colapso econômico (Nov 13, 2012)
- Der Mensch, das faszinierende Wesen (German) - Nachlese: Roboter werden Deinen Job vernichten – Federico Pistono (Nov 9, 2012)
- Perestroika - Interview (Nov 14, 2012)
- ChangeTV (Video) - A different way of living (Nov 4, 2012)
- Singularity Hub - Interview: Federico Pistono, Author Of “robots Will Steal Your Job But That’s Ok” (Aug 14, 2012)
- Singularity Weblog - Federico Pistono on Singularity 1 on 1: Robots Will Steal Your Job, But That’s OK! (June 12, 2012)
- Transparency Revolution - Some People Think I'm Crazy for Believing This... (Feb 13, 2012)
- Singularity Hub - Meet The Author Of “Robots Will Steal Your Job, But That’s OK” (Feb 10, 2012)
- IEET - Robots will steal your job, but that’s OK: how to survive the economic collapse and be happy (Feb 10, 2012)
- GazetaOnline (Albanese) - Intervistë me Federik Pistono – koordinator i Lëvizjes Zeitgeist Italia, versione italiana (Feb 16, 2011)
- Radio Wave International (Italian) - Intervista con Federico Pistono (Nov 27, 2010)
- Movimiento Zeitgeist España (Spanish) - Entrevista con Federico Pistono, coordinator chapter Italia del Movimiento Zeitgeist y autor de la conferencia "Cos'è il Movimento Zeitgeist?" (May, 2011)
- Beppe Grillo (Italian) - Copenhagen, cronaca di un accordo fallito (Dec 24, 2009)
- La Nuova Provincia di Biella - Federico Pistono tra gli 82 blogger in sfida a Copenhagen (Aug 27, 2009)
My life - an infographic
Tired of boring text and resumes? Try this infographic.
Biography, Work and Education
Federico Pistono is a scientific educator, social activist, computer scientist, blogger, media expert, and aspiring filmmaker. In 2002, at age 16, he won a scholarship to UWCAD International College, where he received an education aimed on the sharing of ideas amongst different cultures, living away from home along with 200 students from 82 countries.
In 2007 he founded the "Grilli Biellesi", a non-profit volunteer association with civic engagement and the protection of the rights of citizens whose topics of interest are energy, information, waste, connectivity and protection of water as a right to life.
From 2008 to 2012 he worked in a media company in Verona, as Project Manager, Media Strategist, Developer, Screenwriter, and Director, focusing on new media and the role of technology in the society.
In 2009 he received his degree in computer science from the University of Verona, Department of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences, with a thesis on "Open Source Implementations of Encoding Algorithms for Video Distribution in the HTML5 Era”.
In 2009 he also won an international competition for blogging and journalism organized by the European Centre for Journalism and was sent to the COP15 in Copenhagen to cover the events on the conference on climate.
On May 2009, he founded The Zeitgeist Movement Italy, a global Sustainability Advocacy Organization which conducts community based activism and awareness actions through a network of Global/Regional Chapters, Project Teams, Annual Events, Media and Charity Work to promote a shift towards a Resource Based Economic model, where the solutions arrived at and promoted are in the interest to help everyone on the planet Earth, not a select group. He held the position of national coordinator and spokesperson for about three years -- until January 2012.
On October 2011 he started writing his first book, "Robots will steal your job, but that's OK: how to survive the economic collapse and be happy "
In 2012 he won a scholarship for the Graduate Studies Program at Singularity University, NASA Ames Research Center, Silicon Valley. Singularity University is a unique interdisciplinary, international and intercultural experience, whose aim is to assemble, educate and inspire a cadre of leaders who strive to understand and facilitate the development of exponentially advancing technologies and apply, focus and guide these tools to address humanity’s grand challenges.