Federico is fearless, with mind boggling and never heard of solutions to existing and more futuristic problems. As a frequent presenter and speaker at several fora, he relentlessly promotes ideas of unparalleled imagination and forceful expression.
An inspiring expert who provided great food for thought as the attendees worked to create prize concepts..
Federico is unique in his ability to draw together futuristic thinking with a breadth of topics. He is an excellent speaker and does so with passion and strong technical grounding.
Federico in one of the most visionary, entrepreneurial and pragmatic people I have ever met. He thinks big, acts swiftly, connects dots & people through a wonderful mesh of passion, discipline and rationality.
Federico is available for conferences, debates, and discussions. If interested send an email to federicopistono (gmail_dot_com).
The list below is a selection of some of the speaking engagements of the past few years.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Jan 20, 2016 - University of New Hampshire, Career Speaker Webinar
- Jan 26, 2016 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands, TMG annual conference
- Jan 28, 2016 - Milan, Italy, SingularityU Milan
- Feb 5, 2016 - Dubai, UAE, AI & Robotics for Good Award
- March 14, 2015 - Santiago, Chile, ZDAY 2015
- May 7, 2015 - Los Angeles, California, XPRIZE VISIONEERING - "Future of Work" expert talk and team leader
- May 21, 2015 - Haarlem, Netherlands, TEDxHaarlem - Society Reloaded: Basic Income and other ways to fix capitalism
- June 23, 2015 - Brussels, Belgium, Google@Thought - Meeting with MEPs and policymakers from the European Parliament
- June 24, 2015 - Brussels, Belgium, European Parliament
- June 25, 2015 - Brussels, Belgium, Google@6
- September 1, 2015 - Porto Alegre, Brazil, ADVB/RS
- September 16, 2015 - Milan, Italy, Allianz Annual Conference
- September 23, 2015 - Barcelona, Spain, Barcelona Challengers Conference
- December 21, 2015 - Milan, Italy, TEDxBip
- March 6, 2014 - Austin, Texas, USA, SXSWedu Conference 2014 - Survival in the New Knowledge Economy
- March 25, 2014 - Los Angeles, CA, USA Society for Human Resource Management - The Changing Nature of Work and the Worker
- June 28, 2014 - NASA Ames Research Park, Future of Work Summit
- September 12, 2014 - Rome, Italy, Italian Chamber of Deputies Meeting on E-Democracy
- September 24, 2014 - Amersfoort, Netherlands IT Talent Day
- September 25, 2014 - Amersfoort, Netherlands IT Innovation Day
- October 3, 2014 - Economics and Business student Faculty, University of Groningen, the Netherlands EBF Conference
- October 27, 2014 - United World College of the Adriatic, Duino, Italy Keynote speech on social entrepreneurship
- October 30, 2014 - Informagiovani, City of Biella SELFPORTRAIT web-reputation project
- October 31, 2014 - Keynote speech to the Board of Directors, Banca Sella, Biella Cryptocurrencies and the Bitcoin Revolution
Here's the list of events for 2013.
- March 10, 2013 - London, Debate with the Socialist Party of Great Britain (video)
- March 17, 2013 - Los Angeles ZDAY Global (video)
- March 29, 2013 - New York Open table discussion on the future of humanity
- May 10-13, 2013 - Rio De Janeiro, Brasil
- May 14-16, 2013 - Porto Alegre, Brasil BITS GLOBAL CONFERENCES
- May 18, 2013 - São Paulo, Brasil Qualcomm Brazil
- May 20, 2013 - São Paulo, Brasil Faculty of Informatics and Management (FIAP) Exponential Innovation, the Future of Work and Education
- June 10, 2013 - Rotterdam Man versus Machine - Biology versus Technology
- June 11, 2013 - Amsterdam VINT symposium 2013 (video)
- July 2, 2013 - Doha, Qatar International Education and Resource Network (iEARN) summit (video)
- July 17 - NASA Ames Research Park, Silicon Valley, California Singularity University GSP13
- September 19, 2013 - Amersfoort, Netherlands IT Innovation Day
- September 27, 2013 - Rome TEDxTransmedia, dangerously ethical
- September 27, 2013 - Taiwan Young President Organization Taipei
- September 28, 2013 - Taiwan TEDxTaipei, learning beyond
- November 8, 2013 - Oslo, Norway Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- November 11, 2013 - Oslo, Norway 657 Oslo, Startup Co-Working Space (press)
- November 12, 2013 - Oslo, Norway Chateau Neuf, The Norwegian Student Society
- November 14, 2013 - Palo Alto, California Institute for the Future, “Exploring the Frontiers of Work”.
- November 21, 2013, Global Education Conference 2013 - Esplori — a platform to teach and learn anything, in any language, on video
- December 9 , 2013 - Oslo, Norway "Improving the World Via Online Learning – Esplori at the Telenor Youth Summit in Oslo, Norway"
- October 13 - Bologna, Italy TEDxBologna 2012: Passion And Creativity (video)
- November 03 - Vienna, Austria TEDxVienna 2012: Instanity (video)
- November 06 - Rio De Janeiro, Brasil Perestroika, ZeroG: Futurism, Technology and positive impact
- November 09 - São Paulo, Brasil Perestroika, ZeroG: Futurism, Technology and positive impact
- November 16 - Porto Alegre, Brasil Perestroika, ZeroG: Futurism, Technology and positive impact
- November 28 - Cologne, Germany Betahaus
Self-portrait, pencil, photographed and retouched on PS CS6.
Download full-res/buy print (if you're into that).
We're moving into mainstream! Last week I had live Hangout session at The Huffington Post on "A Future of Unemployment"—hosted by Marc Lamont Hill, with Laurence Kotlikoff, Professor of Economics at Boston University; Peter Schiff, investment broker, author and financial commentator; and Roy Cohen, career coach and author of The Wall Street Professional.
I had some audio issues and couldn't really get my points across, but all in all I'd say it was an interesting discussion, Marc did a good job as a moderator, and I look forward to have more sessions (possibly without audio problems).
p.s. Link to my book: http://robotswillstealyourjob.com
We are about to end the 10 weeks of the Graduate Study program here at Singularity University, NASA Ames. 80 students from 40 different countries set out to positively impact 1billion+ people in the next ten years. During this time, we studied the problem spaces, discussed, researched, and built teams.
Last night we presented the 22 projects our teams have in the Computer History Museum in Mountain view, in front of a full house, with change makes, visionaries, inventors, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists who want to make change happen.
I have three teammates, amazing individuals, with whom I share common values: we a deep respect for human dignity, we believe in equal opportunity, and we think that access to information and education is a social equaliser, such that empowers the disenfranchised to express their full potential, check on the power establishments, fight for human rights, and help lift themselves out of poverty.
We know there are many challenges-access to clean water, food, cheap energy-but we realise that access to information can enable the solutions to all of the problems we face as a species. We'd rather teach people how to build a fishing rod, instead of feeding them fish all the time.
Imagine what would happen if the 4 billion people who are not participating in the global conversation could access the sum of all human knowledge. Imagine what they could create, what they could invent, what they could do if they had that possibility.
This is the beginning of a journey that will change my life, and I hope that of many others.
My good friend Tiago Mattos of Perestroika interviewed me on my book "Robots will steal your job, but that's OK", the future of jobs and society, art, creativity, passion, and the technological singularity. The interview took place at NASA Ames research center, during the Graduate Study Program at Singularity University.